Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm on vacation, dammit!

I know I've been awfully slow about writing up the rest of my SF trip, but I have some things for a new blog post in the works that hopefully will come to fruition in the next few days. In the meantime, I've been relaxing with wonderful friends in LA and eating just as much as (if not more than) I was in SF. Can I just say it's a funny feeling to be sitting down for rounded meals on a daily basis? 'Cause it totally is.

I'm working on getting my photos and notes all put together so I can share the rest of my trip with ya'll, including a visit to Osteria Mozza from which we just got home. Holy effing raviolo. Stunning, really.

Los Angeles has been a mix of nostalgia and newness, along with realizing how far I've come since I last lived here, three years ago. The inception of this blog was during that time in LA, and it was a formative time for me. I've loved being here during this visit, and seeing some of my best friends in the world has been amazing, but I'm not gonna lie... I'm getting homesick for Portland.

I can't wait to officially get started at my new job, and in celebration of the new place, I bought this necklace that I found at Popkiller in Little Tokyo. I still can't believe I found it, it's so perfect, and it may give you a hint as to where I'm working...

New necklace
meat cleaver as seen by Osteria candlelight

See ya soon, Portland. It's been too long.

3 comments:

Boogie Man Montoya said...

That necklace is so. freaking. awesome!

bb said...

saw you mentioned on cutebutdeadly (nice pic, happy late b-day)....what i really want to know (maybe a post?) was how was Osteria Mozza? have read a lot about it. Nice blog, too....just started reading after finding it on your twitter profile. Also loved the American cheese photo...a serious amount of machine crafted product!

Ingrid said...

Boogie Man: Thanks! I love it too. :)

bb: Thanks for reading! I'm way behind on my trip updates and I plan on divulging more about Osteria soon. Suffice it to say for the time being that it was really, really wonderful. As for the cheese, I had to do it, it was my birthday! Being in Cash and Carry makes you get weird things!