Monday, May 05, 2008

Tears in my beer, so to speak.

I haven't been keeping up with the writing as much as I'd like, but I have to say, last week was the roughest yet. Taste of the Nation totally wiped me out for the rest of the week, and this switch from 9am to 8am hasn't been the smoothest of transitions. Not only are we starting an hour earlier; we go straight into the kitchen, whereas before we had two hours to gather our thoughts in lecture before kitchen work. It culminated on Friday in a rather unfortunate incident where I cried for the first time at school. Hey, I'm always an advocate for a good cry, but my timing (in the middle of kitchen production, leaving a lot of work to be done by my work partner) wasn't the best. Sorry, partner!

To be clear, by the way, the crying was no fault of the instructors or really anything with school, for that matter, besides maybe a lack of sleep. The cause for tears was totally un-school-related; it just so happened that the waterworks got set off at the wrong place/ wrong time.

But this week has gotten off to a great start, in comparison, and I'm getting better sleep. More details to come, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh inky! i'm sorry, but i know what you mean - lack of sleep + some external stress makes it easy to cry! hope things look pu soon!

Ingrid said...

Thanks Mellie. I'm feeling better already, but it only gets harder from this point on! I'll try to keep the tears outta school though. ;)